We are a fully remote, multicultural and international team. We enjoy working from home or a coworking space. We have a common mission; we aim high, and we know it will take effort and time. If you are looking for a challenge… come join us!
Overview of the role
You mission includes the development (indeed), but also the documentation and the deployment, with procedures and definition of guidelines. When speaking about a new feature, the web developer will be asked to do some R&D, including designing a SQL schema. It may require reverse engineering and studying existing code. Part of the mission will also include some bug reports, that you will have to reproduce and fix.
As a team member, you will take part in the review process, including testing code of your peers. You will be able to refactor when needed the code base, and address technical debt topics. When required, you will propose performances improvements.
The position requires good autonomy and communication with the rest of the team, which is fully remote.
|Nice to have
The web team you will join is responsible for
- APIs and web backends for /e/OS.
- The Murena Cloud (https://murena.io/)
- The Murena Shop (https://murena.com/)
- Other web services
The team closely collaborates with a product owner, the design team and the mobile team to create consistent user experiences. We work hand-in-hand with the infra team, to ensure consistent delivery of new features along with great performances and high availability.
We follow a “deploy quick, deploy often” strategy. As a fully global remote team, communication will often be asynchronous in nature. We strongly believe in open communication and learning from each other.
What do we offer
- Fully remote position
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting challenge: to become the 3rd mobile ecosystem
- Potential to impact a large and constantly growing user base
- Contractor (self-employed) position
- A fair daily rate, aligned with your skillset, the role and consistent with others open projects at Murena
The recruitment process
- Send your application, with a resume and an application letter
- Recruitment task: A small development task where you will be judged on
- Code effectiveness
- Code quality
- Code efficiency
- Technical Round
- HR/Culture Round
- Offer letter